The Perfect Genealogy Course for Anyone Who Wants to Learn New Research Techniques Uncover Free, High-Quality Genealogy Research Sites, Search Tricks and Helpful Tools Self-Paced and Easy-to-Use Lessons, Discussions, Quizzes and Hands-on Research Challenges Break Down Brick Walls With Advanced Research Strategies and Step-by-Step Guides
The Perfect Genealogy Course for Anyone Who Wants to Learn New Research Techniques
Uncover Free, High-Quality Genealogy Research Sites, Search Tricks and Helpful Tools
Self-Paced and Easy-to-Use Lessons, Discussions, Quizzes and Hands-on Research Challenges
Break Down Brick Walls With Advanced Research Strategies and Step-by-Step Guides
Welcome to the registration page for The Genealogy Journey – a self-paced and self-directed genealogy course that’s jam-packed full of tips, tricks, free research sites and helpful discussions. We’ll help you discover the knowledge you need to grow your tree. Register using an option below to gain immediate access to the course. Start now and take as long as you need to complete the materials.
Special Notice: Additional lessons and exciting upgrades are coming soon! Register now to get all current and upcoming lessons for the low price seen above. Once registered, all future upgrades are included for free (you own the course forever) so you will never pay more.
Get Ready to Explore Your Family’s Past!
The hands on lessons in this course are designed to let you learn by researching your tree.
Do you know the answers to these common genealogy questions?
- How can I find more information about my ancestors via Google?
- I can’t find a certain record! What am I doing wrong?
- Are there really billions of truly free records online? If so, how can I locate them?
- Is there a proven system for breaking down brick walls that I can use on my own tree?
- I have been doing research for 10+ years, what new methods and resources can I try?
- How can I locate an ancestor who seems to have disappeared from the records altogether?
- What records exist beyond the commonly used collections? Can I access them for free online?
- What’s the best place to locate free military and war records online?
- Do I have Native American, Mayflower or royal ancestry? How can I find out?
- My family has this mysterious story…can I really prove if it’s correct?
- How can I use DNA to expand my genealogy research and connect with relatives?
- Are there any special online research databases for immigrant ancestors?
- What’s the easiest way to organize my genealogy research online?
- Are there ways to research my African American roots?
- What’s the best way to research ancestors that came from oversees?
- Are there any free genealogy tools I should know about?
You’ll find the answers to these questions, and many more, in the course!
CURRENT COURSE SECTIONS
Percentage of Course Content Currently Available
Upcoming: Final Quizzes
Frequently Asked Questions
How does this course work? The Genealogy Journey is a self-paced and self-directed online course designed to help you improve your genealogy skills by introducing you to advanced research techniques, little-used family history tricks, free research sites and more. Learn via easy to read lessons, hands on activities, engaging discussions and helpful quizzes. The complete course includes 10 full sections (9 main sections and a bonus section) that contain more than 60 lessons in whole. You can view current sections and the scheduled date for the next section above.
Who created this course? The course materials were created by the staff of Family History Daily.
How long does the course take to complete? The course is structured to take approximately 8-12 weeks to complete. You can, however, take as long as you would like to complete the materials since you will have access to them forever.
Do I have to take part in discussions? Discussions are not a required component of the course. You can choose to take part in them or not as you see fit.
What is the private research group? The research group is a private forum that only The Genealogy Journey Plus members can access. In this forum you can connect with other registrants and discuss your research goals, challenges and questions.
Is the course private? Yes, only those registered for the course can access the materials and take part in activities and discussions.
What countries are covered in the course? The course was designed so that most of the materials are applicable to research anywhere in the world. We have, however, included free research sites and resources by location (as well as worldwide sites). These countries include the US, Canada, the UK and Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Norway, Sweden, The Netherlands and others. Additional help is provided for special research topics, groups and for locating additional free resources.
Is there any course support? Yes! You can contact support at any time for help with the materials or technical assistance. You will find instructions in the course.
Is there a course certificate? No, because this is a nonacademic course it does not provide certification. It is designed for hobbyists interested in improving their research skills.
Are prices in US dollars? Yes, prices shown are in US dollars.
Are there additional costs? The course price is a one-time fee, no additional charges will ever be made to your credit card and you will have access to the materials forever. No additional paid materials are needed for the course either since all research websites, resources and tools referenced in the course are free to use.
Have More Questions? Email us at email@example.com.