The Perfect Genealogy Courses for Anyone Who Wants to Learn New Research Techniques Uncover Free, High-Quality Genealogy Research Sites, Search Tricks and Helpful Tools Self-Paced and Easy-to-Use Lessons, Discussions, Quizzes and Hands-on Research Challenges Break Down Brick Walls With Advanced Research Strategies and Step-by-Step Guides
The Perfect Genealogy Courses for Anyone Who Wants to Learn New Research Techniques
Uncover Free, High-Quality Genealogy Research Sites, Search Tricks and Helpful Tools
Self-Paced and Easy-to-Use Lessons, Discussions, Quizzes and Hands-on Research Challenges
Break Down Brick Walls With Advanced Research Strategies and Step-by-Step Guides
The Genealogy Journey is a self-paced and self-directed online genealogy research course that’s jam-packed full of tips, tricks, free research sites and helpful hands-on activities. We’ll help you discover the knowledge you need to grow your tree. Register using an option below to gain immediate access to the course materials and take as long as you need to complete them – there are no time limits.
Do you know the answers to these common genealogy questions?
- How can I find more information about my ancestors via Google?
- I can’t find a certain record! What am I doing wrong?
- Are there really billions of truly free records online? If so, how can I locate them?
- Is there a proven system for breaking down brick walls that I can use on my own tree?
- I have been doing research for 10+ years, what new methods and resources can I try?
- How can I locate an ancestor who seems to have disappeared from the records altogether?
- What’s the best place to locate free military records online?
- Do I have Native American, Mayflower or royal ancestry? How can I find out?
- My family has this mysterious story…how can I prove if it’s correct?
- Are there any special online research databases for immigrant ancestors?
- What’s the easiest way to organize my genealogy research online?
- How can I use DNA to expand my genealogy research and connect with relatives?
- Are there ways to research my African American roots?
- What’s the best no-cost way to research ancestors that came from overseas?
- Are there any free genealogy tools I should know about?
You’ll find the answers to these questions, and many more, in our course. See a breakdown of our lessons in The Genealogy Journey below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does this course work? The Genealogy Journey is a self-paced and self-directed online course designed to help you improve your genealogy skills by introducing you to advanced research techniques, little-used family history tricks, free research sites and more. Learn via easy to read lessons, hands-on activities, engaging discussions and helpful quizzes. The complete course includes 65+ main lessons. The Genealogy Journey Plus also includes the Ancestry Crash Course. You can read more about that here.
Who created this course? The course materials were created by the staff of the popular online genealogy magazine Family History Daily.
How long does the course take to complete? The course is structured to take approximately 8-12 weeks to complete. You can, however, take as long as you would like to complete the materials since you will have access to them forever.
Do I have to take part in discussions? Discussions are not a required component of the course. You can choose to take part in them or not as you see fit.
Is the course private? Yes, only those registered for the course can access the materials and take part in activities and discussions.
What countries are covered in the course? The course was designed so that most of the materials are applicable to research anywhere in the world. We have, however, included free research sites and resources by location as well. These countries include the US, Canada, the UK and Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Norway, Sweden, The Netherlands, Australia and others. Some additional help is provided for research topics and groups with specialized databases available to them.
Is there any course support? Yes! You can contact support at any time for help with the materials or technical assistance. You will find instructions in the course.
Is there a course certificate? No, because this is a nonacademic course it does not provide certification. It is designed for hobbyists interested in improving their research skills.
Are prices in US dollars? Yes, prices shown are in US dollars.
Are there additional costs? The course price is a one-time fee, no additional charges will ever be made to your credit card and you will have access to the materials forever. No additional paid materials are needed for the course either since all research websites, resources and tools referenced in the course are free to use. The only exception is the Ancestry.com Crash Course, which requires that you have access to that site (free trials and some free collections are available). That section is only included with The Genealogy Journey Plus or as a stand-alone course.
Have More Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help.